I have to organize my sewing book library. Which makes me think I’m positively old-fashioned, they’re actual books, hard & soft cover and some new while others are very old. A Vintage library I will call it.
I’ll go through some of my favourite books, unearth those hidden gems & more and decide if I should hit the Fairs fair book lovers second-hand book shop, a fav. hang-out for my boys and I.
Some of my favorite books are:
- How to Design your own dress Patterns, by: Adele P. Margolis.
- Fairchild’s Dictionary of Textiles 7th edition, by: Phyllis G. Tortora and Robert S. Merkel.
- fabric Savvy, by: Sandra Betzina.
- Costume in Detail from 1730-1930, by: Nancy Bradfield.
- Complete guide to Sewing, by Reader’s Digest.
- Pattern Making for Fashion Design, by: Helen Joseph-Armstrong.
These are just a few of my go to books that I use while I’m sewing.
Do you have a go to book that you have used over the years? Or maybe your new to sewing, I hope you check out some of these books, because they’ve helped me. One of my favorite places to find those hidden gems are second-hand book shops.