Here are just a few of my sewing tools:
- Thimbles are from a Grandmother.
- Scissors big and small.
- French curves of varying sizes.
- Note book for ideas and tie-bit information.
- Awl, his tool is new to me and it’s so us full, I use it to score paper for patterns I’m working on. ex: dart manipulation.
- Tracing wheels. The one with picks on it came from my Mother.
- Seam presser.
- Pencil and eraser.
- Presser feet.
- Old tin of misalaious goodies found in my Mothers sewing box.
- Clapper with point presser.
- Grid ruler.
- Seamstress measuring tape
- Pencil sharpener.
- Tracing pencils, I also use the ends bit left over from my bars of soap.
- Colourful thread, I’m not keen on black and white and when I top stitch I like to see my thread.
- Fun pins.
- Sewing machine needles.
- Button hole cutter.
And that’s just a few of my tools.
Ok my favourite pass time as a child was to sit down and rummage through my Mothers sewing box. I never got bored with this ritual and I knew everything in this sewing box. There wasn’t anything special about these objects, it was more the feeling that came over me as I picked up each one and held it in my small fingers turning this way and that before picking up the next one. I’m sure I spent hours doing this and my Mother never complained, not once.
What’s your favourite sewing memory?